Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Friday, December 12, 2003

Oh my! Its been almost a week since I've written anything. My poor readers, you must be wondering what on earth has happened to your little Steph Garver! Was she eaten by a bear? Dead of frost bite? mauled by a mountain lion? Lost in the forest durring a blizzard? No no no... but I came very clsoe to all those things, I assure you! :) Good thing you happy people are all at home praying for my safety up here! Thanks, just thought I'd let you know that your prayers are working!

On Saturday night most of Common Fire went ice skating in Fresno! That was fun... and Eric Sunderland (Hey Eric!) And Kari Maddox (Hi KARI MADDOX!!!) came with us.. because they live in Fresno. Then I spent the night at Kari's house and had wonderful talks and watched happy musicals and picked fruit (oranges and percimmons) we had fun fun fun! Then on Sunday afternoon, Eric drove me home. I like Eric, he's a sweet boy. Yep! Then I was picked up in Fresno by, Cameron, Mas Chip and Flan. The four of us went olut to dinner and then bought Christmas lights for the Ranch House. We didn't go to Church on unday but stay home in the dark and decorated the house with happy lights.

Monday we started work again... busy bees we were preparing for the Christmas dinner this Saturday. On Monday, I worked with Juana... its so different and fun getting to work with someone and always having somone around to talk to. Its happy! We ended the work day in the maintenance shop pulling leaves off of manzanita trees. Strange, huh? Then that night we watch Pirates of the Carribbean.. good movie. I recomend it to all above the age of 16.

Tuesday was our day off and Jeremy, Phillip, Andrea and I drove up to Yosemite and went iceskating on the outside rink... so exciting! I had always wanted to iceskate outside. Its such a romantic idea an outside rink. Just iceskating in general is a romantic idea... a good date with someone you like... a very good excuse for hand holding... None of which went on, you crazy people! But I fell a lot and have tons of bruises on my knees. That night it snowed about 3 inches, it was happy!

Wednesday, we worked again. I sat in the maintainance shop all day by the fire.. from 8:30am - 4:20 pm picking leaves off the manzanita bushes by myself. yea... um.. great fun. for dinner, Andrew, Jeremy, Andrea, Phillip, Juana and I went to Pete's place and ate Gyros and then went shopping for our secret Santas... hehe!It snowed a ton more, too! We now have approximately 6 inches of snow now! YAY! So, that night I satyed up until 3:44 talking to Phillip. It was good and bad and odd and all sorts of randomness.

Thursday, We continued with odd jobs for the dinner. I was told to make wreaths... apparently, I'm a professional. We're selling wreaths at the dinner, and so I made some wreaths from branches all day long. after work, for an hour, Jeremy, Phillip, Andrea and I went sledding down to sherwood... the sledding is fun.. the hiking back up sucks like no other. Then that night we had our Staff Christmas Party.. good food, good conversation, good presents, good times.... I went out in the hall way and cried. Yep. I did. And I didn;t just cry.. I cried with Jeremy... Pooor boy he seemed so very confused when I just broke down in tears. But all in all, I got some chocolate stars from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory from Juana. (Yay Juana!) Then the girls had prayer night at the Capps. After that, I hung out with Briches until we were sleepy and we went to bed.

Today, I made wreathes all day! :) I think I'll makes wreaths for a living. happiness! Then Briches and built a snowman. Now a few of us are going to a mexican restraunt by Bass Lake! Later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home