Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Saturday, December 20, 2003

My flight out of Sacramento on Friday was virtually non-eventful. Which is all good, as far as I can figure things. Andrew and I had a fun car ride up though.. He's a sweet heart (though don't tell him so or he'll start acting all shy.. hehe!) Andrew drove me through "Stakton" and showed me all the sights from the freeway going 80 miles and hour. Then he even stayed with me in the airport until half an hour before boarding so that I wouldn't have to be alone for very long at the gate. Aww, Simpatico! :)

May I just say that airports stress me out? I think they started to stress out Andrew, too. So many people... all looking confused and lost, but at the same time knowing exactly where their destination lies... all with places to be... most in a hurry... some looking impatient.. some looking nervous... Security check made everyone take off their shoes. It made me sad that the man of hispanic decent, in fornt of me, had a whole body search done and the little beeper never went off or anything... but I just walked though. Sweet looking, middle class white girl wouldn't be doing anything or carrying anything... but a hispanic business man might be doing some "dirty work." Oh people...

Javier picked me up from the airport in Las Vegas... and I also saw Brian Miller! He was waiting at the same baggage claim as I was... I found that amusing. Javier and I then went to Chillies since neither of us had eaten since Thursday (well... there were those 2 tiny bags of peanuts on the airplane...) Then he came over and we played with my parents and he went home a little later.. then I went to bed. :)

I woke up this morning at 7:30... hard ot break the last 2 week's habits. I wrapped my parent's Christmas presents, watched the Santa Clause 2 with my parents.. ate waffles... then opened all the presents under the tree... Santa hasn't come yet, so we still have presents. My family never opens presents or celebrates anything on the right day. Some years we wait a week late to open presents some years we open them a day or week early... it really depends on my Dad's schedule. This year he'll get home on the 25, but then we're going to "So. Cal." to visit my familia! Yay! We could open presents when he gets home but then we "wouldn't get to play with them" before the drive there.

This afternoon, after a zillion people called me all asking to do something with me tonight, Javier came over again. We watched Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, then went out to dinner (Baja Fresh) then went to The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, then to eat dessert (Apple Bees) and celebrate 3 years of friendship! It was a fun night!

Anyway, I still have more people to see and visit in the next few days... Unfortunately, my next two days are planned out for me already. I have yet to see my Tammi... or Shaun, who's at home from the Marines! Beyond seeing those two a few times, I just want to relax. The last time I was home, for Thanksgiving, I didn't get any rest and I went back to Common Fire more tired than I left. I do not want to do that again. I want to spend more time with my family and less time running around the twon until odd hours of the night... plus, I'm not a fan of driving here.

Here's a joke to end off this lengthy post... are you ready? (hehehe..) So, a guy walks into a bar with a Giraffe. They both drink and the Giraffe gets a little tipsy. They stand up to leave the bar and the Giraffe passes out but the man keep walking toward the door. The bar tender calles to him, "Hey! You can't just leave that lyin' there!" and the man says, "That's not a lion, its a giraffe!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home