Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Monday, December 22, 2003

Greetings, my dear loyal reader!

This mornign I woke up.. once more at 7:30... and at 9:30, I met Tammi at the Pancake house for breakfast. We shared more stories and talked about meeting for breakfast again tomorrow as well. Then we went our own ways as we each had some seperate Christmas shopping to do. So I headed to a near by Joann's (a craft store chain)... where I looked for yarn.. preferable an orange or brown... something soft..(for Briche's scarf I'll be making him) but their selction was minimum and I decided that it was best to let him decide on the yarn so that he'll enjoy his scarf more when its completed... so instead, I splurged and bought to skeens of yaen.. and rose and dark mint green.. I'm crocheting them together so the scarf is thicker and the colors blend nicely. I don't know who I'm making it for but it a fun project to do when bored.. something to do with your hands.. I like having work for my hands to do.

After my yarn splurge, I called up Javier.. actualyl I woke him up as we were planning to visit my Mom and her co-workers (his summer co-workers) So, I drove over to his house, picked him up.. we had to drive to my house so I could pick up my checks and deposite them. Then we drove to the back, deposited my checks, then went next door to Sonic.. we we enjoyed a leasiurely snack and then headed over to Nevada Power to see my Mom and friends. We visited there a while then i took him to do some real Christmas shopping for my cousin. and shortly after returned him home and headed home myself. After relaxing a short time at home Javier and his Mom came over for dinner. That was fun, his Mom always makes me laugh. She's super cute.

After they left I came on the computer.. you know, check email.. do a little blogging... and I ended up talking to Dougy, Jeremy and Andrea. What two very different worlds I live in. A mountain of trees snow and deep fellowship to a city of cars a tall buildings and strangers. I hadn't realized just what a bond we had created on Common Fire. While there I always think there is so much more to learn about everyone (which is true) because at times I don't feel like I know them at all... but once home I saw that we have this amazing bond... whether because we listen to eachother, work together or just live together all the time I know these people far better than I know almost anyone else! Two such different worlds filled with such different people. My goal is to be the same person in both worlds (preferably the person of Common Fire as I like her much better). I believe I am doing well at keeping my thoughts pure and those I talk to acountable to their words here... something I deffinately did not do the last time I visted home. It makes being here much more enjoyable... but I know I miss everyone when I see Jeremy's jeep driving down the road, Briches driving the car behind me, Juana looking out a window and Janice walking Rusty down the street.

Maybe I'm crazy... but maybe, just maybe I really have learned to love people without hesitation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home