Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Saturday, November 22, 2003

ts been a long while since I've written. A lot has happened in the last few days. Tuesday night, Eric called us Common Folk, and it was fun talking to him.. but its hard talking on the phone here because there are people everywhere, especially since it's gotten colder recently and everyone wants to stay inside. I had to DTR (define the relationship) with one of the boys here that night too, and I'm super glad its all settled now and we can all go back to being friends. I like being friends best anyway, anything more confuses the situation and the community. Wednesday night, I stayed up late with Phillip... late like 6am. Phillip is really a wonderful, wonderful person. We talked some but mostly we slept... kind of a half asleep half awake.. and when we'd wake up we'd talk. About 6am we realized the sun was coming up and we went back to bed. Phillip is a very nice boy, I like him a lot.

Wednesday we watched episode 5 and 6 of Band of Brothers and really nothing more exciting happened outside of work.

Thursday was my day off, and good thing too... maybe it was the 4 hours of sleep the night before or maybe it was because half of Common Fire is sick, but I was sick that day. I slept most of the day on the couch waiting for people to get off work so they could keep me company... meanwhile, drinking 7 nalgenes full of water throughout the day. I was sleeping well until Jeremy decided he wanted to sleep too and started snoring. So then, I wandered around outside of our house and then finished a letter to my friend Sarah, who's at Milligan Christian College in Tennassee.

Friday day was Turn-over which as always was boring. Then I got home from work, took a shower and started painting, because I didn't think I'd be around if or when Art Night started because My aunt and cousins came last night. Its interesting them being here. They came over to the house for about 20 minutes and then left. After that, I sat outside for a while and looked at the stars. Bt it was 30 degrees and too cold to be out long, so I came in, sat by the fire and knitted with Phillip. We ended up staying up late once again...2-ish Phillip Said... in that same half asleep half awake dream world where the next morning you wonder if it really happened. When I went to my room, I found that the door was locked! Jancie had locked me out of my room. So, I stood there for a moment pouting and was about to go back down stairs when Leslie walked out of her room and asked what I was doing in the hallway. I told ehr I was locked out and she insisted that I come into her room and sleep with her as she has a Queen size bed. I slept well.

8:30 Saturday morning, I woke up, a bit drowsey, though I'm sure not feeling it like Phillip who hasd to be at work at 6:30. I met my family and everyone ate together this morning. Then I took my cousins down to the lake to play with the ice floating on top and then at 10:30, they left for Yosemite National Park. They should be back by dinner time. In about 40 minutes we have pasta (with Alfredo Sauce! yay!!!) for lunch and I start work. sigh. And really, that's the extent to the excitment of the past couple days. Tomorrow's Andrea's birthday, and I think we're going to have a Common Fire sleep over in the living room tonight! Neat, huh? Well, that's all! Take care and God Bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home