Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Tuesday, November 18, 2003

I'm not sure what to think about today. Ther question that is boggling my mind is this: Is it everyone or is it just me? Everyoen seems so on edge today... not so much on edge as moody. At lunch we sat around at a table just going at eachother. My fist thought was, "Why is everyone attacking me?" then I realized that I was attacking the attackers right back.. or maybe I was the attacker. In any case, it's about time the sea started getting a little stormy. We've had nothing but blue skies and smooth sailing... of course there's always someone who like to rock the boat and in all honesty, I feel like that's been delt with with loving hands for the most part.

Working by myself today was good. I worked mostly in the linen room of Cedar Lodge folding towels, sheets and blankets. When Jeremy joined me though he really did nothing but play around or yell at me about silly things. After work, I started feeling ill and took a nap only to be woken up by my Nalgene falling on my forehead and waking me up. I woke up to find that Jeremy had moved on to yell not only at me, but at Juana and Andrea too, so I finally built up enough courage to confront him about it and to tell him to stop acting stupid and shut up... which is so very uncharacteristic of me.

At dinner though many things had seemed to smooth themselves over. Briches acknowledged my presence for the first time in several days and Phillip was cheery as well. Seems like work went well in the Kitchen today. Jeremy never said a word to me and only one new storm started rolling in. Andrea was joking around with the boys and said something about Juana that was, of course, overheard. Juana left to sulk even though things were said in jest and I was glad to see Briches talking to her to make sure she was okay. Its strange to see Juana sad. But this too shall pass.. I only hope the pass before night because the two girls are room mates. I worry about Andrew, he's stopped taking his pain medications so quickly and refuses to wear the brace on his arm anymore. I just want him to heal quickly so he'll be back to work soon, he is a big part of the community and the work station... but I'm glad that Phillip and Leslie are feeling better. Now if we can just take care to keept he rest of the community safe and healthy before Thanksgiving break so people can actually enjoy their time at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home