Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Wednesday, November 26, 2003

I'm home now... at least for a few days. Its such a strange feeling being home. A home that isn't really mine. Not anymore. My room is not my room. My room has been painted and nothing in there is mine, excepet a closet full of boxes and some clothes... I cried when I had to leave yesterday from Calvin Crest... and I cried myself to sleep last night as well... Pathetic, I know... Its not like I won't be back by Sunday...so where do I belong? Las Vegas is not my home... it is my home town.. a place where I know people... but it is not my home. Calvin Crest is always a home to me... but in a few months I will leave there too... then I'll go to Reno... where for a few years it might be my home... do I need roots? I feel like I do.... I think I'd deffinately be a "rooted person" if given the option... but I like the thought of adventure and travel! Its makes me excited... but everyone needs a home to come home too, right? A place to belong and feel acceptance.

Today will be a day of running errands. Going to the bank. Picking up soem things for my folks. Its a strange time to be home... my Mom is sick and my Dad leaves for work tomorrow. I have a few friends that are eager to get together while I'm home, but not many... many of which aren't home themselves... such strange times... I look forward to being back in my white room with bright blue trim and golden wood floors and the most gorgeous three way view.... but most of all, I look forward to seeing Juana and Janice, Andrea Ray, Leslie, Briches and Andrew and Jeremy, Julie and Sean, Karloina and Phillip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home